Participants in this study will need to do five things, outlined below. In order to be eligible for this study, participants must be healthy adults 18-70 years old without any active intestinal problems. Further restrictions will be discussed during the enrollment interview.
- Call our study coordinator and come in for a brief enrollment interview to make sure you are eligible
- Consume prebiotic dietary supplements daily for 3 out of 6 weeks
- Take samples of stool (poop) at home and bring them to the lab (we have kits to make this easy!)
- Answer automated email surveys about your samples and experiences
- Take 4 online surveys about your dietary habits
*We are currently limited to participants who are able to drop samples off at our lab at Duke University.